How to Build a Successful Marketing Campaign with Email and Telemarketing
Email marketing and telemarketing are two of the top marketing tactics used by high performing companies. Ask any successful marketer about their secret to success and you can be sure that one or both of these methods will come up in the answer.
To ensure that you reap maximum benefits from these methods, it’s important to make sure that your campaigns are at their best. Let’s take a look at some of the methods that you can use to build killer email and telemarketing campaigns.
In addition to having a good email marketing software provider, here are a few things that you need to do to ensure that you have an effective email marketing campaign.
1) Make it very clear that you are not a spammer and also ensure that everybody opting in your email list knows that you will only be sending information that will add value to them. There is no better way of doing this than by ensuring that they actually put some effort in getting in the list. This is where double opt-in comes into play. Also make sure that the subscribers have an easy way of opting out whenever they feel the need to do so.
2) Get Personal. Although most people take this casually, it’s actually more important than it sounds. Get your subscribers’ first and last names at signup. Provide space for these in your signup form. Refer to them by name in the emails. If possible, put their first name in the subject line. This does wonders to your open rates. If your email marketing software does not make it easy to do this, it’s time to go shopping!
3) Have different lists for different users. Different users react to different messages differently depending on their immediate needs. A user may sign up to your list and not buy anything from you until several months (sometimes years) down the line. Another one may opt-in to your list after making the purchase. The messages you send to these users should be different.
4) Give something in return for sharing their contact details. The subscriber is giving you their name and email address. What are you giving them in return? Make an eBook with tips. Do a case study relevant to your niche and give it away for free. Just make sure that the subscribers get something in return for opting in.
5) Formatting. Make sure that the layout and design of all emails sent by you to your lists are at their best. Don’t fill them with ads that take up all the space and leave only a little box for the main message. Ensure that you send easy to read emails that are not in any way spammy. Your subscribers are very alert and will not hesitate to sign out when they feel that they are not getting the value you promised.
(Image: Quino Al)
This is becoming less popular nowadays with more and more companies choosing to go the email marketing way. Don’t be fooled. A well implemented telemarketing campaign can give you equal – if not better leads when compared to email marketing. Here’s what you need:
1. Honesty. This is one quality that many telemarketers forget. In desperation to close a sale, most of these marketers end up cooking lies and exaggerations to avoid disappointing the prospects. Later when the time comes to deliver the results, the clients end up annoyed since the exaggerated expectations usually are not reached. Potential long term gigs are lost due to small exaggerations. Don’t bluff your way through uncertainties. If you are not familiar with a topic, ask to get back to the prospect after some time and get back to them with all the details.
2. A sense of direction. Don’t pick up that phone if you don’t know what you are going to tell the prospects once they answer. Have a clear strategy that will keep the prospects interested and engaged throughout the call and you will be surprised how easy it will be to close the sale.
3. Proper Introductions. This instantly turns a cold call to a warm call. Make sure you have a proper way of introducing yourself. You could say that the call is following up on an email conversation that you had with the prospect or a referral from a respected business affiliate. Just make sure that you give truthful information that will put you in your prospects’ good books.
4. Allocate the resources effectively. Depending on your budget, find out if you want to outsource the campaign or if you want to do it in-house. You don’t want to start a campaign that will stall a few weeks after starting due to high expenses that come with no results.
5. High Quality Leads. Last but not least, make sure that your list contains people who are very likely to buy. This will ensure that you have the highest chances of succeeding in the venture and also give an easy time to your telemarketers. There is no better motivation for telemarketers than this.
Needless to say, when used together, telemarketing and email marketing can work wonders when effectively applied in marketing for any business. Take your time when building the campaign and before you know it, you’ll be glad you did it.
So you want to put these phone and email tactics in motion for your business? No worries! Get in contact with the VSL experts, and see how we can grow your business!
Tags: Email Marketing, Telemarketing